After a busy holiday season and some cold, rainy weather, we’re excited to see a little sun. Spring is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about spring break travel plans. It’ll be here before you know it! Anaheim is one of the best places to visit for spring break. Between Disneyland® Resort, amazing beaches, and other fun events happening around Orange County, you really can’t go wrong. We’ve put together a few ideas and tips for planning an epic spring break vacation to Southern California and Disneyland® Resort.
Spring Break at Disneyland® Resort
Visitors from all over flock to Anaheim to celebrate spring’s warm weather with Mickey and his pals at Disneyland® Resort. If you’re planning a Disneyland® Resort spring break trip, here are a few things to keep in mind…
- Prepare for large crowds. As you may expect, many spring breakers will likely have the same great idea as you and head to Disneyland® Resort for a magical spring getaway. That means larger crowds and longer lines — especially when California schools and universities are on break. You can combat the crowds by taking advantage of Magic Mornings at the park, using apps that help you manage time and keep track of your schedule, and taking proper safety precautions (like setting up designated meeting spots and having important contact information handy in case of separation).
- Prioritize your time. Because of the bigger crowds, it may not be possible to squeeze in everything you want to do during your spring break at Disneyland® Resort . We recommend planning a schedule and prioritizing some “must-do” activities. That way, you can stay on track and it’s easier to adjust when things don’t go as planned thanks to travel delays or long lines for attractions.
- Take advantage of spring events and attractions. There’s always something new and magical happening at Disneyland® Resort, and spring is no exception. While you’re visiting, be sure to check out some of the best spring attractions, including:
- Eggstravaganza – This is an annual scavenger hunt around Disneyland® Resort that happens each spring and it’s so much fun. Visitors get to search for hidden “eggs” that are related to various popular characters. Official 2020 dates haven’t been announced yet, but we’ll keep you posted!
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – This new attraction opened at Disneyland® Resort on January 17 and it’s definitely a can’t-miss during your spring break getaway. Everyone has been talking about it and many have said it’s taking Disney attractions to a whole new level.
- Dapper Day – Dapper Days are fun events where visitors dress to impress while visiting the parks. Veterans and those currently serving are encouraged to wear their dress uniforms. It’s fun to get fancy and show off your personal style with thousands of other Disney-lovers. The spring Dapper Day is set for April 19.
- Food and Wine Festival – The annual Disney California Adventure® Food and Wine Festival runs February 28 to April 21, just in time for your spring break trip to California! The family-friendly event features live entertainment, culinary demonstrations, celebrity chefs, wine and beer tastings, mixology seminars where you learn to make craft cocktails, and so much more.
As you prepare for your spring break trip to Disneyland® Resort, check out some of these resources to help you plan the most magical trip ever:
- What To Bring On Your Disneyland Vacation
- 20 Tips For Traveling to Disneyland with a Baby or Toddler
- 11 Tips for Having the Most Memorable Meet & Greets With Characters at Disneyland
- 13 Tips for Making the Most of Your Time at Disneyland® Resort
- 5 Must-Have Apps for Your Disneyland® Resort Vacation
Not to toot our own horn, but Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is the perfect home base for all your Disney fun! We’re a Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel located near Disneyland® Resort with a free shuttle to the parks and a Disney Desk where you can buy tickets, get insights, and more. Plus, our castle-themed hotel and special on-site amenities, like storytime with our very own Princess Corinne, helps keep the magic going long after you leave the park. Be sure to download this Welcome Letter to get started planning your Disneyland® Resort trip!
Other So-Cal Spring Break Ideas
If Disneyland® Resort isn’t in the plan for this year’s spring break adventures, that’s okay! There are tons of other fun things to do around Anaheim and Orange County.
- Plan a day at the beach. What says spring break more than sunshine and sandy beaches? Work on your tan and soak up the sun at one of SoCal’s world-famous beaches, including Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, and more. It’s just a short day trip from our hotel.
- Catch a game. There’s nothing quite like a day spent at Angels Stadium here in Anaheim. If you’re a sports fan, be sure to try a stadium tour for an up-close look at the team and the ballpark or catch a Los Angeles Angels game. If hockey is more your speed, you’re in good company here too. Hit up the Honda Center for an exciting game with the Anaheim Ducks or join in some fun fan watch parties or street team events this spring.
- Check out annual events in Downtown Anaheim. There’s always something fun going on downtown and there’s no better way to get a feel for the area and connect with locals than by attending one of the many Anaheim downtown events happening this spring. Depending on your spring break schedule, consider adding the following events to your itinerary:
- The Downtown Anaheim Community Yard Sale (March 7)
- Sweet Street Dessert Festival (April 4)
- Easter Celebration at Downtown CFM (April 9)
- Proud to be ME (April 18)
General California Spring Break Tips:
If you’re heading to Anaheim or the SoCal area for spring break, here are just a few general tips to keep in mind.
- Book your spring break trip early. As the saying goes, “the early bird gets the worm.” As noted a few times above, plenty of other spring breakers will be venturing to the area, so booking early usually guarantees you the best availability, pricing, and travel deals.
- Prepare for unpredictable weather. Like many popular vacation spots, Southern California sees somewhat unpredictable weather in the spring months. Average temperatures around March to April tend to be pleasant and in the mid to high 60s to low 70s with temperatures dropping into the 40-degree range at night. Rainfall depends on the year and if the rainy winter conditions hold over through the spring. Either way, plan accordingly by packing and wearing layers to account for temperature fluctuation and bring sunscreen, an umbrella, and/or a rain poncho.
Alright… who’s ready to start packing? We’ll see you soon!
PS: A stay at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel brings even more spring break and holiday fun. On April 12, enjoy a special Easter Brunch served in the Garden Court Bistro and kids can enjoy a fun & friendly Easter Egg Hunt in the garden (reservations required).