While we’re still waiting for Disneyland® Resort to fully reopen, the Downtown Disney® District is welcoming people back as part of a phased reopening with a few safety precautions and changes in place amid COVID-19 concerns. While we’re excited to visit some of our favorite places, like Wetzel’s Pretzels® and Black Tap, we want to do so safely! Here’s what you can expect if you decide to visit the Downtown Disney® District…
When you arrive, park at the Simba Lot and proceed to the Downtown Disney® District entrance near Earl of Sandwich. All other guest parking areas are currently closed.
Health & Safety Precautions
In addition to hand-washing and sanitizing stations for guests and more frequent cleaning of high-traffic areas, the following health and safety measures have been put in place:
- Masks are required for visitors ages 2 and older. The mask should fully cover your nose and mouth.
- Temperature screenings are required prior to entry for both guests and employees.
- Social-distancing measures — such as spaced out seating and barriers — have been put in place at select locations.
- Operational hours have been reduced at some locations.
- Entertainment offerings and high-touch interactive areas have been restricted or suspended.
- Cashless transaction methods are recommended, such as debit/credit cards, Disney gift cards, and smartphone apps.
- All Downtown Disney® District restaurants are only offering outdoor patio seating in accordance with health and government regulations and recommendations.
- Tables are spaced further apart.
- Digital or single-use menus are replacing reusable menus to limit germs and contact.
- Online reservations are encouraged to help the restaurant reduce wait times to prevent crowding.
- Many stores have mobile waitlists in place to help minimize crowding in stores.
- Dressing rooms are closed until further notice.
All of these guidelines can change depending on how the COVID-19 pandemic progresses. You can find more Downtown Disney® District information on the official Disneyland® Resort website — including what’s currently open and restaurant reservation information.
Are you planning to visit the Downtown Disney® District during your visit to Anaheim? Connect with us on Facebook to tell us about your experience and stay connected with more Disneyland® Resort updates! We can’t wait to hear from you!
PS: If you’re still at home, anxiously awaiting for Disneyland® Resort to reopen, you might want to check out these magical resources: