You’ve dreamed about a magical wedding your whole life. Now that you have the love of your life, it’s time to add a little bit of magic to your special day! We’ve hosted many royal and Disney themed weddings here at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel, so we know a thing or two about magical weddings around here.
A fantasy themed wedding is sure to highlight the joy, love, and fun of the couple! When you’re selecting a wedding venue, it can be hard to envision the decorations and ideas you have in your head (or on your Pinterest board), in the space. With so much experience throwing beautiful weddings – even some Disney themed ones – and magical events, we like to consider ourselves a Fairy Godmother of sorts, and wanted to share some of our favorite tips with you as you plan your big day!
Transform Your Wedding Venue into a Fairytale
There are many different ways to incorporate some magic into your special day with the decor. From small touches to large sculptures and decorations, there are an endless number of options!
- Centerpieces: Centerpieces can help bring together the theme of a wedding and make your dinner reception feel welcoming and well-decorated. For brides who are having a princess-themed wedding, we love seeing miniature carriages or tiaras incorporated into centerpieces. For more specific themes like a Disney Frozen-themed wedding, you may choose to feature a snowglobe or a flower arrangement using amaryllis or white carnations to give the centerpiece a wintery feel. We know some pretty talented and creative florists we love working with who can bring your vision to life.
- Place Cards: For couples who assign seating for dinner, table numbers and place cards play an important part in getting people to the right place without any confusion. Sure, they can be simple tent cards with a name and number, but what’s the fun in that? Incorporating your theme into your place cards and table numbers gives your guests a small dose of magic as they find their seats, a cute little decoration for your tables, and maybe even a small keepsake from your day! If you’re hosting a Disney-themed wedding, you might use Mickey and Minnie cutouts or laser-cut name cards using the Disney font to help guide your guests to their table.
- Cake Toppers: There are a lot of customizable options out there for couples and cake toppers ranging from modern and sophisticated to more playful and colorful. Add a little bit of sparkle or a Disney touch to your cake with a Disney themed cake topper!
- Signage: Show off your creativity, personality, and penmanship skills with witty and romantic signage throughout your wedding venue. From directions between the ceremony and reception, to your favorite storybook quotes, to a beautiful hand-drawn menu, you can create a more personal look and feel, and incorporate your wedding theme into each and every sign!
- Hidden Mickeys: This one is for the biggest Disney fans out there. If you’re looking to add some Disney-specific magic to your day, you’ll want to add some Hidden Mickeys throughout! A Hidden Mickey is the silhouette of Mickey Mouse’s head displayed in inconspicuous places. They’re not usually very obvious and are very exciting when they’re spotted! You can incorporate Hidden Mickeys into your day with rose petals scattered in the shape of Mickey down the aisle, designs in the garnish on dinner plates, Mickey-shaped flower arrangements, cufflinks for the groomsmen, and even through lighting during the dance party after dinner! If you have children attending your wedding, you may even want to have a game in place for them to see who can find the most Hidden Mickeys!
- Photo Booths: Whatever you’re envisioning for the theme of your perfect day, capture the magic forever with a themed photo booth for you and your guests! For a background, think flower walls, a romantic frame, a customized chalkboard, or a castle background. For photo booth props, work in more specific elements, tiaras, scepters, mouse ears, or speech bubbles with quotes from your favorite Disney story!
Depending on the specific wedding theme you’ve chosen, there will be other opportunities for you to add some magic and special decorations to your venue. A romantic winter wedding may include snowflake-shaped cookies for dessert or an ice sculpture. A wedding featuring Beauty and the Beast decor and themes might use rose petals scattered throughout the venue. If you want to add soft lighting to your reception, you might consider adding hanging lanterns or icicle lights throughout. Make sure you’re communicating with your wedding coordinator and the venue to ensure the decor you’re planning to have is approved for the space.
Add Magic to Every Bite with Themed Dishes
From cocktails and desserts to party favors and your wedding cake, there are plenty of options for you to sprinkle some pixie dust into your guests’ meals.
During your cocktail hour, consider creating signature drinks for your guests picked by you and your partner. Talk to the catering manager at your wedding venue, and they may have some ideas, but ultimately you want to choose cocktails that will represent you and your love. There are a lot of different themed wedding drinks out there. Take a look at these Disney cocktail recipes for inspiration!
You can also fit in some magic with the design of your wedding cake or desserts and with themed (and delicious!) party favors for your guests. Sometimes all it takes is a little faith, trust, and pixie dust (aka sugar) to create memorable bites for your guests. Our favorite bakery, Amazing Cake Creations, knows exactly how to do that!
Take your Bridal Party to the Disneyland®️ Resort!
There’s no better way to celebrate the joining of two Disney-loving people than to go to the Happiest Place on Earth! The Disneyland®️ Resort is the perfect place for a joint bachelor/bachelorette party! When you choose a wedding venue like Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel, which is located right next to the Disneyland®️ Resort, it’s easy to sneak away for fun before your big day!
You’ll have a blast wearing bride and/or groom Mickey Mouse ears, and don’t forget to ask a Cast Member for a Happily Ever After pin to wear during your stay. Trust us – Cast Members and guests alike will be congratulating you all day! You’ll feel like royalty.
Pro Tip: Did you know that you can invite Cinderella, Prince Charming, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse to your wedding? Send an invite to the addresses below, and you’ll get a special surprise in the mail!
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
- Cinderella and Prince Charming
P.O. Box 1000
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
After you’ve returned from a day in the parks, you’ll be all set for your big day! There’s nothing more magical than starting your marriage surrounded by family and friends. Our castle-themed hotel sets the scene for a romantic, fairytale-worthy wedding, and with a wide variety of wedding spaces – indoor and outdoor – your dream wedding venue is right here in Anaheim!