Congratulations! The lovely young lady in your life has finally reached that special milestone — her Quinceañera! While your family is likely buzzing with excitement, planning a Quinceañera is no easy task. Especially when you’re just starting out, there are so many ideas and themes to choose from! We’re here to help you narrow it down with some great Disney-inspired ideas we think you and your teen will love. As a Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel and Disney fans ourselves, we’re always inspired by Disney magic. We want the guest of honor to feel like a princess on her special day, so we’ve turned to the Disney princesses themselves for some ideas. Here are just a few themes to get you started…
This theme hints at the iconic Beauty and the Beast film, while still giving you and your teen the freedom to be creative and make it as elegant or casual as you want. Some ideas to try include:
- A gold color scheme with pops of navy blue, in homage to Belle and Beast’s iconic outfits.
- Cuckoo clocks, candelabras, teapots, and other “enchanted” items as decor or centerpieces. Many of these can be thrifted or found at affordable prices online and spray painted to match the color scheme.
- Roses and scattered rose petals for floral accents
- Glass and mirrors — like the magic mirror utilized in the film — on the tables and walls. They can help reflect light and make for great photo props.
Under the Sea
Be part of Ariel’s world with a fun underwater theme for your Quinceañera event. Pay homage to The Little Mermaid with some fun elements like:
- Shades of blue, with twinkle lights to give the appearance of water. Green, purple, gold, and metallic elements make great accent colors.
- Sand, shells, starfish, and pearls for texture in decor and centerpieces.
- A bubble machine.
- A seafood or fish entree.
- Fabric, paper, and painted greenery and florals to look like seaweed, kelp, and other underwater plants.
It doesn’t have to be cold to appreciate the magic and beauty of the winter season. If your teen loves Frozen, then why not channel your inner Queen Elsa with a winter-themed celebration that’s both beautiful and classic. Make it extra magical with:
- Silver, metallic, white colors to look like snow, with some pops of blue and light pink. Glitter and twinkle lights help add a little extra sparkle.
- Ice sculptures.
- Candles around the tables, because “some people are worth melting for.” (Just follow venue rules and safety precautions when using real flames.)
- Lots of snowflake cutouts, glass, rhinestones, and glitter to represent snow and ice throughout the decor.
- Branches and evergreen trees painted white to look snow-dusted.
- Snowmen and reindeer knick knacks (representing Olaf and Sven).
Every girl has dreamed of being Cinderella at some point in her life. Transform into a fairy godmother and give the guest of honor a beautiful Royal Ball for her Quince, inspired by the one Cinderella attends in the classic film. Try some of these fun ideas:
- A blue and white color scheme to match Cinderella’s memorable gown. Gold or silver make the perfect accent color.
- Clocks incorporated into the decor, even if the magic doesn’t have to end at midnight.
- A beautiful carriage. Don’t be afraid to get creative with this one. We’ve seen everything from the guest of honor arriving in one to decorative photo backdrops adorned with balloons, flowers, and lights.
- Shoes, in homage to Cinderella’s glass slipper. They make great floral arrangement holders, place markers, and more.
I Have A Dream/Floating Lanterns
Embrace Rapunzel’s wonder and zest for life with a Tangled-inspired Quince that’s both beautiful and magical. Consider some of these dreamy ideas based on the film:
- Lots of floating sky lanterns and lights hanging from the ceiling and used as centerpieces. This can be the main focal element of the decor.
- Go all out with the gold, inspired by Rapunzel’s long, golden hair. Use purples and pinks as accents.
- Use lots of flowers and floral patterns throughout the decor, inspired by the magic flower and the flowers Rapunzel ties in her hair.
Celebrate with Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel
If you’re looking for the perfect Disney or princess-themed Quinceañera venue in or around Anaheim, CA, you’re in luck. Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel’s castle-themed decor provides the perfect backdrop, with more than 20,000 square feet of flexible space to fit your party size and budget. After the most magical Quince party ever, hop on our free Dream Machine Shuttle for even more birthday fun at Disneyland® Resort or other nearby attractions!