Family Travel Tips for Disneyland® Resort
- Be ready to walk! Come to Disneyland® Resort prepared with good walking shoes, sunblock and water bottles for the whole family to be refilled throughout the day. Be sure to dress in layers or bring extra clothes for the brisk California mornings and evenings. You can bring a small backpack as long as it’s not cumbersome to carry and take on rides, or rent a locker at the entrance for the day.
- Buy your Disneyland® Resort tickets in advance. Purchase single, multi-day, or Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets in advance using our designated ticket page.
- One Park per Day. Visit one park in Disneyland® Resort per day since there is so much to see and do in each one. You’ll find that trying to walk from park to park and back again is exhausting and time consuming. If your family is able to spend two days, take one day to explore each park separately. You’ll be better able to catch all of the attractions and save some tread on your sneakers.
- Breakfast at the Hotel. There are a variety of fun dining options at Disneyland® Resort. However, if you’re looking to save a little money, grab a quick breakfast bite at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel’s California Deli or Garden Court Bistro before you leave the hotel. Pack snacks to bring for the whole family as well, so you can keep your energy up and your dining expenses down.
- Avoid crowds for Firework watching. Watching the fireworks from inside Disneyland® Resort is truly magnificent. However, if you prefer smaller crowds and an easy stroll back to your room, watch the fireworks from on property at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel. You’ll find that you can see the grandeur of the fireworks from just about anywhere on property, and you and the kids are just steps from your cozy beds, too.
- Get to the front of the line. You should definitely use Disney FASTPASS® Service. The Disney FASTPASS® is your key to getting to the front of a ride’s line without actually standing in line. Check out Disney FASTPASS® Service kiosk at the chosen ride, get your pass and come back at the time designated. Then, you get to move to the front of the line.
- Baby needs. If you have small children, you need to know about Baby Care Centers at Disneyland® Park and Disney California Adventure® Park. Baby Care Centers have diapers, formula, baby food and other baby supplies at great prices. They also provide a quiet facility where you can nurse or bottle feed your baby away from the crowds.
Disneyland® Resort is an amazing spring or summer family destination, but don’t miss the opportunity to visit during other magical times of the year. Halloween Time at the Disneyland® Resort adds a spooky twist to some of your favorite rides, not to mention a Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tour and Frightfully Fun Parade. Holidays at the Disneyland® Resort is also a spectacular time to add a little extra sparkle to your family holiday season. The resort looks even more enchanted decorated with holiday lights, a Christmas parade and Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle.