Thinking of making the trip to California? We can all do our part to keep each other safe! Here are some important Coronavirus-related travel and safety tips to keep in mind. We’ll do our best to keep this updated as the pandemic progresses and more locations throughout So-Cal reopen without restrictions.
- Know before you go. Many Anaheim businesses are still closed or operating with different hours and restrictions. With that in mind, it’s recommended that you call ahead or research online before visiting to be sure you’re clear on current rules, restrictions, and operations. That will make the process safer and easier for everyone! For the most up-to-date information, we recommend contacting the business directly and utilizing the resources highlighted on Visit Anaheim’s COVID-19 travel guide. If you’re curious about what we’re doing here at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel, be sure to check out our safety and sanitation procedures.
- Mask up. California government and health officials have issued their official mask guidelines and they’re required at most places here in Anaheim and throughout the state. Even if you’re planning a socially-distant, outdoor activity, you never know when you might need to head indoors or come in contact with others, so it’s best to have a mask handy just in case. If you’re looking for a fun mask to show off your So-Cal spirit, consider a Disney-inspired mask featuring all the beloved characters you’d see at Disneyland® Resort.
- Keep your distance. It’s up to everyone to follow the health official guidelines of 6 feet or more between yourself and others outside of your group. Respect others by not getting to close and move on to Plan B if an area seems too crowded.
- Bring supplies. No matter what you plan to do while you’re visiting or exploring Southern California, always keep safety top of mind. Pack hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, and gloves. Sinks may not always be available for proper hand-washing and you may want to wipe down tables, door handles, and other high-traffic surfaces as you see fit. There’s nothing wrong with leaving the area cleaner and more sanitary than when you found it!
- Eat local. The pandemic has definitely taken its toll on local businesses here in Anaheim, particularly restaurants. However, that hasn’t stopped many of our local favorites from serving delicious food! If you’re looking for restaurants in Anaheim and the surrounding area, check out Visit Anaheim’s dining guide highlighting outdoor dining, delivery, carry out, and to-go options to try.
- The Downtown Disney® District is open. If you’re looking for a little Disney magic, the Downtown Disney® District recently reopened with some health and safety guidelines in place. Visitors can expect temperature checks, mask requirements, and social distancing measures to be enforced, as well as various hours and changes in operations for some of the popular shopping and dining locations.
- Disneyland® Resort reopening is still TBD. Per Disney officials, the Downtown Disney® District opening is part of a phased reopening plan. We don’t know when Disneyland® Park will reopen yet, as that remains TBD. As a Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel, we’re following their lead and waiting for the park to reopen before we open our doors again. We’re looking forward to the day we can invite you all back safely. In the meantime, you can check out these resources to keep the magic alive while we wait!!
- Experience Knott’s Berry Farm’s unique dining event. While Knott’s Berry Farm remains closed, they’re hosting Taste of Knott’s, an outdoor dining and retail experience, throughout August and September. Per their website, this event will feature “classic flavors from around the park” with 35 fun food and drink options to choose from, plus merchandise offerings.
- Receive text alerts and updates. You can text OCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive updates and resources from the Emergency Operations Center related to COVID-19. This can come in handy if you plan to spend time in the Orange County area in the near future.
- Be respectful. Everyone is doing their best to adapt to these unprecedented times and we could all use some extra support these days. This should go without saying, but please be kind to business owners, locals, and fellow travelers. Respect signs, keep your distance, and follow the rules and precautions they’ve put in place.
We can’t wait to welcome you back safely and explore all the wonder that Anaheim has to offer! In the meantime, connect with us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest news or book a room for your future visit!