If you’re anything like our team here at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel, you can’t wait to break out the ugly holiday sweaters, turn up the carols, and soak up all the holiday merriment over a glass of hot chocolate. As soon as Halloween is over, we jump headfirst into the holiday season. We’ve already seen a few stores putting out Christmas decor and previewing Black Friday deals, which is getting us even more excited! There’s no shortage of holiday fun here in the Anaheim area and we like to make the most of it. If you’re looking for a holiday getaway or want to make the most of your vacation time, why not come and join us? Escape the cold temperatures and experience the magic of the holiday season in SoCal:
Disneyland® Resort | November 8, 2019 – January 6, 2020.
We love, love, love the holiday season at Disneyland® Resort! Take the magic of the holiday season and mix it with the magic of Disney and you’re sure to have the most magical holidays ever! With Disney Festival of Holidays and Disney ¡Viva Navidad! it’s a multicultural holiday celebration with a little something for everyone!
Here are a few of the magical holiday experiences in store around Disneyland® Park:
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade, which is dubbed “the merriest musical procession in town” and full of all your favorite characters on their way to meet Santa!
- “Believe…In Holiday Magic” Fireworks Spectacular full of 80,000 twinkling lights and sparkling icicles and more on Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle.
- Take in the iconic song during the “it’s a small world” Holiday lighting and enjoy a special light projection show every 30 minutes throughout the evening.
- See all the “frightfully festive” touches at the Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction, inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas!
Head on over to Disney California Adventure Park for even more holiday merriment, including:
- Mater’s Jingle Jamboree, featuring holiday fun and everyone’s favorite tow truck — Mater!
- Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl, some season fun in one of the most popular roller coaster attractions.
- The lighting of the 50-foot tree on Buena Vista Street — truly a sight to behold.
Of course, there are seasonal touches, delicious food, carolers, visits from Santa himself, and more holiday fun around every turn. During the holiday season, the “Happiest Place on Earth” gets even happier.
Pro tip: There’s nothing more spectacular than Disney during the holidays, but keep in mind that this is a popular time of year to visit, due to school breaks and vacation time so crowds may be larger. Check out some of our handy tips to help you make the most of your time at Disneyland® Resort!
Knott’s Merry Farm
Knott’s Berry Farm | November 2019 – January 2020
Knott’s Berry Farm is another great family-friendly destination in SoCal that goes all out during the Christmas and holiday season. Knott’s Merry Farm includes tons of all-ages attractions, seasonal favorites, and plenty of familiar faces and characters. Some of the festive holiday activities you can expect at Knott’s Berry Farm include:
- Productions of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol and O. Henry’s A Gift of the Magi on select dates in the intimate Bird Cage Theatre. These two classic tales will definitely help you and your loved ones embrace the spirit of the season.
- Awesome holiday shows with Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts gang: “A Peanuts Guide to Christmas,” “It’s the Merriest Christmas Show Ever, Charlie Brown,” and the “Merry Christmas, Snoopy” ice show!
- Christmas shopping and finding seasonal treasures in the Knott’s Christmas Craft Village — complete with artist demonstration, wood carving, and glass blowing.
- The magical Snow and Glow show every night during Merry Farm — complete with twinkling lights and gentle snowfall throughout Ghost Town.
Not all details regarding the holiday season at Knott’s Berry Farm have been released yet, but we’re looking forward to seeing what surprises and merriment are in store this year!
OC Fair & Event Center | December 19, 2019 – January 5, 2020
Just a short drive from our hotel, you’ll find even more holiday fun at Winter Fest OC. Winter Fest takes over the OC Fair & Event Center and brings winter to Southern California! It’s one of the things we look forward to every year! You won’t want to miss:
- A taste of the holiday season in Victorian England with the So Cal Dickens Village.
- A dazzling array of twinkling lights in the Festival of Lights.
- Live entertainment and character meet and greets — including Santa!
- SoCal’s largest snow play areas and slides with fresh snow brought in daily. Try your hand at outdoor tubing and ice skating!
- Nightly holiday-themed parades, tree lightings, and firework displays that are sure to get you in the holiday mood.
- Carnival games and rides
There’s plenty of seasonal foods, beverages, and treats to help you feel holly and jolly as well. Check out this video for a little sneak peek at Winter Fest fun!
Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel is your Holiday Headquarters
If you’re planning a holiday vacation to California, we’d love for you to join us here at Anaheim Majestic. Our convenient location and shuttle to Disneyland® Resort make us the perfect home base for all your holiday celebrations. Plus, our castle-themed rooms with bunk beds and storytime with Princess Corinne is sure to add an extra touch of holiday magic to your stay!