In the US, we’re big on meetings. In fact, American business people hold around 11 million meetings a day, and 73% of people work on other things during meetings. Why go through all the work of planning and facilitating an event that isn’t going to resonate with your group? Let’s work on making your next corporate event one to remember — one that brings your team closer, engages them, and helps foster that positive company culture that sets your business apart.
If you’re looking to shake things up, the corporate meeting and event planners at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel will help take your corporate gathering to the next level with out-of-the-box ideas and unexpected surprises people will be talking about for years to come. From the perfect meeting space and equipment to unique hotel amenities and services, we’ve got it all for your next event.
1. Sushi-making classes. You know what they say… “A team that makes sushi together, stays together.” Ok, maybe they don’t say that, but learning a new skill as a team can be a great bonding experience and help bring your team closer together. What better skill to learn than how to make sushi, right? Trained in the art of sushi-making and other Japanese specialties, Chef Hiro and the rest of our dining team will help create a magical cooking experience for your team.
2. Scavenger hunt around Downtown Disney® District. Goal-oriented group activities, like Escape Rooms and scavenger hunts, are becoming increasingly popular team building activities for businesses and nonprofits. These types of activities go beyond trust falls and create a real-life adventure for your team. While we don’t have an Escape Room at our hotel, we do have the benefit of being near the Downtown Disney® District, which makes for a pretty magical location for a scavenger hunt. From offering a shuttle service to the parks to knowing all the must-see sights, we’ve got you covered. Your team will have a blast exploring some of the iconic Disney sights and sounds, while building crucial teamwork and communication skills in the process.
3. Sporting events. Attending a game and cheering for your favorite teams is another popular way for colleagues to bond. If the billions of people that tune into popular televised sporting events are any indication, chances are your employees, customers, and clients would enjoy catching a game together. A mutual love of a particular sport or team provides an instant icebreaker, and sporting events are a fun way to foster team spirit, friendly competition, and camaraderie. It just so happens our hotel is close by some of the best sports venues in the SoCal area. Take some time to visit Angel Stadium to cheer on the Los Angeles Angels, or head to the Honda Center to check out the Anaheim Ducks. Everyone will be revved up and ready to go when they return to the hotel to get down to business.
4. Themed trivia. Trivia nights are popular at bars, restaurants, and pubs around the country. Why not at your next meeting? Trivia can be a fun way to break the ice, get people chatting, and increase teamwork. While general trivia is fun, it may be even more exciting to add some local flair and ask questions about Anaheim, Disney, or even your business. We can help you come up with some creative questions and make sure you have all the A/V equipment you need to play along. With the right questions, the game is sure to generate a little friendly competition and more than a few laughs at your next corporate event.
5. An enchanting magic show. Talk about adding a little magic to your work day! David Minkin’s award-winning Evening of Enchantment magic show provides a fun and exciting atmosphere for those gathering for corporate events. The show can make for a memorable after-hours event for attendees or possibly add a little excitement to the middle of the day. Guests of all ages love this special event, so it’s a great entertainment option if you have a generational gap in your office.
6. Outdoor painting on the lawn. Help your team or employees get in touch with their creative side with an outdoor art event. Our castle-themed hotel and scenic grounds provide the perfect painting backdrop! In addition to simply being fun, painting and sketching can be incredibly therapeutic, and help relieve stress, encourage communication, and foster creative ideas. With those benefits in mind, it’s no surprise that guided art events have become popular for parties and corporate outings. As an added bonus, attendees will also have a little something to take home after the gathering.
7. Yoga on the lawn. Yoga is known to have many benefits, including decreased anxiety and increased focus — which can have a positive impact on your team. In addition, spending time outside in the warm California sunshine can help fight depression and improve your mood. We have a beautiful lawn and garden area, complete with a picturesque fountain, that is sure to put your team in a relaxed and refreshed state-of-mind. We can’t think of a better way to start your corporate event off on a high note.
8. Hidden Mickeys. You can’t be as close to Disneyland® Resort as we are and not want to engage in some Disney-themed fun. The Disney fans at your event will love it if you incorporate some Hidden Mickeys. If you’re unfamiliar, a Hidden Mickey is a silhouette of Mickey Mouse’s head displayed in inconspicuous places. It is a lot of fun to search for them in Disney properties, films, and more. We’ll work with you to incorporate Hidden Mickeys into your corporate gathering with things like centerpieces, garnishes, lighting, place cards, presentations, and more! It may even be a fun game to see which attendees can find the most Hidden Mickeys!
9. Happy Hour on the patio. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right? If your corporate gathering is set to mark a milestone — such as a birthday, anniversary, or achieving an important goal — or you just want to have a little fun, a Happy Hour event can be the perfect meeting setting. Breaking free of the 9-5 grind and indulging in some drinks can have a positive impact on your team and your business overall. Not only are Happy Hours great for networking and team bonding, but they can also be a great way to promote that fun, relaxed company culture we mentioned earlier. Our catering team can even help you develop a themed drink, just for your business or event!
10. An outdoor picnic. Take the typical company picnic idea to the next level with our hotel’s Pond Courtyard or Rose Garden. They’re great spots for a quick lunch break in between meetings or for an all-day company retreat. Attendees will be able to get to know everyone in a casual setting, and the beautiful backdrop, delicious food, and California sunshine will leave them refreshed and ready to tackle whatever tasks are on the meeting agenda.
Looking for ideas to make your next corporate event extra special? Let’s work together to make it happen!